A home inspection is a non-invasive, visual examination of the accessible areas of a residential property, performed for a fee, which is designed to identify defects within specific systems and components that are both observed and deemed material by the inspector.
- The home inspection is based on the observations made on the date of the inspection, and not a prediction of future conditions.
- The home inspection will not reveal every issue that exists or ever could exist, but only those material defects observed on the date of the inspection.
CGI's Home Inspection includes:
- roof, vents, flashings and trim;
- gutters and downspouts;
- skylight, chimney, and other roof penetrations;
- decks, stoops, porches, walkways and railings;
- eaves, soffits and fascia;
- grading and drainage;
- basement, foundation and crawlspace;
- water penetration and foundation movement;
- heating system;
- cooling system;
- main water shut-off valve;
- water heating system;
- interior plumbing fixtures and faucets;
- drainage sump pumps with accessible floats;
- electrical service line and meter box;
- main disconnect and service amperage;
- electrical panel(s), breakers and fuses;
- grounding and bonding;
- GFCIs and AFCIs;
- fireplace damper door and hearth;
- insulation and ventilation;
- garage doors, safety sensors and openers;
- and much more.
We utilize Thermal Imaging on all home inspections!
The standard protocol for home inspectors is to go on the roof if possible. When climbing the roof is not possible or safe, it could be viewed at the eaves with a ladder or viewed from the ground with binoculars.
Some roofs are too high off the ground, too steep to walk or are made from materials that cannot be walked on for several reasons. Some roofs will be damaged by the weight of the inspector and some roofing is too slippery to walk on top of.
If this is the case, we utilize a drone for the roof portion of the inspection. The drone is not as good as standing on the roof, but if the roof and the chimneys cannot be inspected any other way - this new technology offers opportunities to find issues that might have been missed from the ground.
Our inspection reports are very user friendly. Follow this link to view a sample.
Schedule your inspection now and let me handle the rest.