A home inspection is a non-invasive, visual examination of the accessible areas of a residential property, performed for a fee, which is designed to identify defects within specific systems and components that are both observed and deemed material by the inspector.
- The home inspection is based on the observations made on the date of the inspection, and not a prediction of future conditions.
- The home inspection will not reveal every issue that exists or ever could exist, but only those material defects observed on the date of the inspection.
CGI's Home Inspection includes:
- roof, vents, flashings and trim;
- gutters and downspouts;
- skylight, chimney, and other roof penetrations;
- decks, stoops, porches, walkways and railings;
- eaves, soffits and fascia;
- grading and drainage;
- basement, foundation and crawlspace;
- water penetration and foundation movement;
- heating system;
- cooling system;
- main water shut-off valve;
- water heating system;
- interior plumbing fixtures and faucets;
- drainage sump pumps with accessible floats;
- electrical service line and meter box;
- main disconnect and service amperage;
- electrical panel(s), breakers and fuses;
- grounding and bonding;
- GFCIs and AFCIs;
- fireplace damper door and hearth;
- insulation and ventilation;
- garage doors, safety sensors and openers;
- and much more.
We utilize Thermal Imaging on all home inspections!
Our inspection reports are very user friendly. Follow this link to view a sample.
Schedule your inspection now and let me handle the rest.